No One Cares Why a Business or Product Is DifferentNov 15, 2022
Welcome to CreativeDemand Copywriting Tips! I’m Anna, a professional copywriter. Today we’re talking about why no one cares that a business or product is different.
Now that may sound strange, because every business and product has to be different from its competitors. That distinction is really important.
But here’s the problem: customers only care if that difference affects their result. Here are some examples of what a business might say:
- Our new car is more aerodynamic than any other car on the market.
- We’ve been cleaning carpets for fifty years.
- Our tire shop offers the best prices in town.
- We offer more variety than any other grocery story in the city.
And to all those differences, a customer might say, so what?
Add the Customer’s Result to Your Message
Let’s provide an answer. Watch how each message becomes much more compelling when we add the customer’s result to how a business or product is different:
- Our new car is more aerodynamic than any other car on the market so you can go faster with less fuel.
- We’ve been cleaning carpets for fifty years, so you can trust us to get it right the first time.
- Our tire shop offers the best prices in town so you can get great tires for less.
- We offer more variety than any other grocery store in the city so you can shop once and have what you need for the whole week.
Do you see how those messages are more powerful? It’s true: no one cares why a business or product is different, but they do care how it affects their result.